Each year we hold events which are a mix of social gatherings and fund raisers to support exchange visits.
Exchange Visit to Cosne
This visit will take place from 23rd to 26th June 2017.
We leave Harpenden by coach at 7.00 am on Friday, arriving in Cosne late afternoon, crossing Channel by ferry. We leave early on the Monday morning. A visit is arranged by our hosts to places of local interest on the Saturday, leaving the Sunday to be spent with our hosts’ families.
A dinner, with optional dancing, usually takes place on one of the evenings.
We will be staying with host families in Cosne and the surrounding area.
The cost is £170 per person and the dinner is subsidised from FoC funds.
The following points may be helpful to those making up their minds about coming:
- There is a £40 deposit per person non-refundable in the event of someone cancelling, unless the committee felt circumstances warranted it.
- There is a toilet on the coach and stops will be made at motorway service stations for refreshments.
- Participants do not need to be Friends of Cosne , non members being very welcome.
- You do not need to speak French as some hosts speak English.
- The balance of £130 will be payable by 31st May 2017.
If you wish to participate in the visit please contact the General Secretary, Elizabeth Briggs (01582 760608) firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
For 2017 the dates and locations for our Harpenden-based events are:-
|AGM||The Engineer pub, St John’s Road||Wednesday 8th March|
|Quiz Evening||Park Hall||Saturday 6th May|
|BBQ Lunch||Townsend Lane||Saturday 15th July|
|Soirée||Park Hall||Saturday 7th October|
Visits by The Friends of Cosne
Our visits to Cosne are arranged every four years. The visiting Harpenden residents stay with French families for a weekend and experience their way of life. The last such visit was in 2013.
Visits from The Friends of Harpenden
Just as Harpenden ‘Friends’ visit Cosne so the Cosne ‘Friends’ visit Harpenden. The last such visit was in 2015.